Sports flooring gives athletes a safe, durable surface on which to play. It’s a unique type of flooring that’s made to be particularly tough. With over 25 years of experience, our flooring specialists have been providing the highest quality sports flooring to the Winston-Salem, North Carolina, area.
When laying sports flooring, follow our five-step process:
- Damage Inspection of Existing Floor: The first step is to do a thorough inspection of the existing sports floor to pinpoint any damaged areas. The problem areas are then repaired. They could be filled in, sanded, or replaced, depending on the nature and extent of the damage.
- Sanding: Next, the entire sports floor is sanded. At CWF, we utilize the latest in professional sanding equipment to remove the old finish and create a smooth, uniform floor.
- Coating: A coat of polyurethane is applied. These applications give the sports floor its trademark sheen—that high gloss that we automatically equate with gym floors and basketball courts.
- Custom Painting: Most sports floors will be adorned with details specific to the type of sport being played in the space. For instance, a basketball court will have markings like a division line, a free-throw lane, and a three-point line. These areas are taped off and painted according to the specifications of the owner or rulebook.
- Second Coating: A final coat of polyurethane is applied to make the whole floor gleam. Our team works diligently to ensure every area of the floor looks polished and professional. Once the final coat has dried, the floor is ready to use.
Call us today at (336) 765-0680 to schedule an estimate on your next sports flooring project. Let our experts give your school, gym, auditorium, or sports arena the strong, glistening floor it deserves.